Sunday 23 November 2014

Eat 10 grams of protein a day

Eat 10 grams of protein a day


Unfortunate for a woman, Kresada Smith, 36, when she was diagnosed with Phenylketonuria (PKU). The disease causes Smith has severe allergies to any protein-based foods.

This is because, of all foods from this group can cause the brain suffer serious damage.

PKU is a condition that causes the body fails to break down one of the amino acids found in proteins.

"I first came to know about this illness six years ago when making health screening at a clinic.

"From then on, I started to change my diet and started practicing daily diet of vegetables," he explained.

Because of that, Smith admits, he never touched any of snacks such as burgers, fries, chocolate or even during childhood.

"Not just fast food, this disease can also cause me not to touch any of the meat dishes.

"In fact, I also had to get a consultation from your doctor first every time you want to buy groceries every weekend," he explained.

Protein

Obviously women from Wellington, Britain, due to a mysterious illness, she will try to avoid going to any store selling fast food like McDonalds because she cannot eat any meals sold at the restaurant.

Smith said, if she takes excessive protein, her heads and bones will suffer severe aches.

However, the disease does not mean she cannot touch any protein-based foods.

Instead, Smith allowed to take food such as pasta, bread issued amino acid content than taking supplements every day to maintain a healthy body.

"Whenever taking a meal, I had to measure the quantity taken mainly for bread and potatoes.

"Because of that, I'm only allowed to take as much as 10 grams of protein every day," she explained.

Smith said, however she was not perturbed by the situation. For her, having perfect health was enough to make her happy.

"Because of this disease, I will never eat outside and sometimes things that cause friends looked strange to me.

"But I do not mind and I believe this diet is a small sacrifice that I had to go through to ensure that health is always guaranteed," she explained.

Smith said she had already forgotten the ridicule and cynical view of the receipt since she was in school.

"I spent my early childhood that are too difficult and often bullied by friends because they claimed that the supply of food that I have is too weird.

"Not only that, when I went to a birthday party, I will only eat the food supplied by the mother without affecting the delicious food served, once touched off a colourful piece of cake," she explained.

SMITH only allowed to take 10 grams of protein a day than supplements.



Diet

Smith said, because of that, she never rebelled and tried to buy chocolate furtively.

Apparently, the action takes herself when he had to endure severe pain in muscles than experiencing fatigue throughout the day.

"However, I was lucky because six years I received treatment from a dietician at a hospital in Birmingham, Britain.

"If not, I'd still be eating the wrong practice and ultimately lead to impaired my health," she explained.

In the meantime, a therapist at the Hospital Boston, USA, Kevin Antshel said, PKU often existed by every one in 10,000 babies born in Europe.

"So far there is no cure for the disease. However, patients can reduce pain through diet and supplements that are right.

"For example, patients are advised to adopt a diet traffic light green, yellow and red," he explained.

Ansthel say, the food in the green group is safe to eat food such as vegetables and fruits due to its low protein content.

"Food in the yellow category can be eaten like rice, milk, potatoes and cheese. However, these foods should be measured first as it contains moderate protein content.

"Meanwhile, the red colour group is shaped food meat should be avoided because they contain very high protein content and can endanger the health of the individual," he explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment